Fitness and Physical Activity
Let’s Move! was started by First Lady Michelle Obama to solve the challenge of childhood obesity, so that children born today will grow up healthier and able to pursue their dreams. Let’s Move! is about:
- Putting children on the path to a healthy future during their earliest months and years.
- Giving parents helpful information and fostering environments that support healthy choices.
- Providing healthier foods in our schools.
- Ensuring that every family has access to healthy, affordable food.
- Helping kids become more physically active.
Let’s Move! has resoures for faith and community partners–ideas to help you include healthy eating and physical activity into your programs. Find out more here.
Instant Recess encourages regular 10 minute exercise breaks that you can easily do at any meeting or class. Dr. Toni Yancey draws on solid scientific research, personal experience and her own poetry, to create fun, engaging videos that can be used to lead groups through quick exercise breaks. A book and a host of on-line resources are also available at www.instantrecess.com.