Regional Public Health Leaders Committed to Flu Prevention
The Center for Faith and Community Health Transformation continues to support faith-based flu prevention efforts by sharing expertise about faith partnerships and coordinating projects with area leaders like these:
Immunization Initiative, EverThrive Illinois
A project of EverThrive Illinois, the Immunization Initiative is a broad-based coalition of more than 100 Chicago area public and private sector organizations working together to increase immunization rates and prevent diseases by promoting the delivery of safe, effective and timely immunizations. Their website has numerous links to flu prevention resources.
Chicago Department of Public Health
The Chicago Department of Public Health gives steps to prevent getting the flu, links to resources, information about the flu situation in Chicago, and directory with where to get a flu shot.
Cook County Department of Public Health
The Cook County Department of Public Health offers links to resources, information about flu clinics in suburban Cook County and guidelines and reports for employers, health care providers, first responders, municipalities.
DuPage County Department of Public Health
The DuPage County Department of Public Health site offers FAQS, vaccination clinic schedules and instructions, and advice for a variety of local institutions, such as schools and day care centers.
Lake County Health Department
The Lake County Health Department site includes FAQS, myths about flu shots, attractive posters for distribution, and links to state and national flu prevention information.
Flyers, Posters and Guides
- Guide for Faith Communities on Seasonal Flu from HHS Office for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships: HHS Seasonal Flu Guide
- One page flier on tips for preventing flu: 5 things to do to fight the flu
- World Health Organization Poster: WHO Influenza Poster–English
- CDC “Cover Your Cough” in multiple formats and languages: Seasonal Flu Resources
- www.cdc.gov/flu has many resources that you can print or download
- Guide for community leaders on handling a flu outbreak.