South Chicago Loving and Healthy Community Collaborative Makes an Impact on South Chicago Residents
Cultivating a loving and healthy community in which people can be healthy, safe and connected.
The South Chicago Loving and Healthy Community Collaborative is a partnership between Advocate Aurora Health, Claretian Associates and faith-rooted partners to improve the health and well-being of South Chicago neighbors.
The Collaborative is making a measurable impact on the health and well-being of South Chicago residents. It has three focus areas:
- Reduce stress: this includes building a sense of community connectedness and friendship across residents, congregations and organizations.
- Screen, refer and offer programs for depression, anxiety and social isolation.
- Promote equitable access to care: this includes identifying barriers to health promotion and treatment.
Many factors come together to make South Chicago a good choice for this partnership program. For example,
- South Chicago residents have higher rates of cancer, heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, compared to Chicago as a whole.
- Residents already take advantage of Advocate Health Care resources, specifically Advocate Trinity Hospital.
- South Chicago is already home to numerous initiatives that are also working toward cultivating a loving and healthy community.