Courage to Love Findings
We have spent considerable time talking to people in the community about how they experience love and social connection already present in their community. We have also looked at data and have tried to learn as much as we can about the issues that families in the community face. Below are some of the things that we have found as we have engaged in these conversations and explorations.
This is a question that we have asked in many different settings. Here are some of things people have said:
- I feel Love in my school. They keep me safe.
- Love is walking down the street to people speaking changing my day
- Love thru youth programing, food pantries, day care, school
- Playground, children playing together, churches-forgiveness, hospitals-healing, ambulance
- With friends
- Unity in the community is LOVE when there isn’t any quarreling between the people!
- Love is in the Parks when we have cookouts, parents walking kids to school
- I see love in our home & community