Mental Health Resources Available Through Advocate Aurora Health
The Advocate Trauma Recovery Center is a health care-based violence intervention program that provides quality services and resources to survivors of intentional trauma with compassion, respect and care. Our purpose is to aid individuals who have experienced trauma in rebuilding, restoring and strengthening their sense of safety by ending the cycle of violence. We provide access to trauma-informed care by acknowledging how past and present traumatic experiences and stress may impact the individuals and families we are serving. Our team is specially trained to support the unique needs of survivors and their families to foster hope for a better future.
- Individual and group therapy
- Support and advocacy groups
- Outpatient clinical assessments
- Medication management
- Safety and self-care guidance
- Case management
Multi-disciplinary approach: After participating emergency departments, clinicians and community organizations refer patients to the Advocate Trauma Recovery Center, they are treated by a team of behavioral health clinicians and trauma recovery specialists trained to support the unique needs of survivors and their families.
Advocate Health Care offers comprehensive psychological services to help people of all ages cope with life’s challenges. Behavioral health experts provide assessment, testing, medication management, inpatient adult care, and outpatient counseling for children, teens and adults, with an emphasis on making healthy changes.
What you can expect:
- Experienced specialists: Top psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and addiction counselors working closely together
- Outpatient counseling: Convenient access to care for children, adolescents and adults
- Inpatient adult treatment: Promotes mental health stability within a safe environment
- Short-term intensive day treatment: Treats adult addiction and acute psychiatric symptoms in adults and teens