Addictions and Substance Use Disorders
The goal of the Jewish Center for Addiction at JCFS Chicago is to ensure that Jewish individuals and their families who are impacted by addiction find support within the Jewish community and receive education on treatment resources. JCA programs address specific needs of Chicago’s Jewish community and reflect best practices in the addiction prevention and treatment fields.
- Community Education
- Youth Drug Prevention
- Older Adult Services
- Information and Referral
- Jewish Resources for Recovery
- Professional Training
- Advanced clinical training on evidence-based practices.
- Consultation to Jewish organizations around the country that are interested in developing addiction recovery programs in their local communities.
- Support & Funding
The Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives (Partnership Center) at HHS leads the department’s efforts to build and support partnerships with faith-based and community organizations in order to better serve individuals, families and communities in need. They provide tool kits, webinars, and funding opportunities to help faith communities to prevent and provide support for people facing addiction and substance use disorders.
Opioid Epidemic Practical Toolkit: Helping Faith and Community Leaders Bring Hope and Healing to Our Communities
This toolkit, which is segmented into seven key areas, briefly covers practical ways your community can consider bringing hope and healing to those in need. To further complement this kit, we recommend signing up for their monthly webinars, which go into greater detail and highlight promising practices. Sign up by emailing Partnerships@HHS.Gov.
Prevent Opioid Misuse Post Card
- Creating a Culture of Compassion and Action in Response to the Opioid Crisis. Listen to a recording of this webinar which includes input from Kay Warren, co-founder of Saddleback Church and Marla Kaufman, founder of the Jewish Addiction Awareness Network. They address addiction, fear and misinformation that can challenge a community’s supportive response to these individuals and their families.
- Forum on Opioids: Strategies and Solutions for Minority Communities.
- Opening Your Doors: Congregational Readiness and Recovery Support.
- Do I Need this Pill? Understanding Pain and Prescription Drugs.
- Hope in Action: An Overview of the Practical Toolkit for Faith and Community Leaders in the Face of the Opioid Epidemic.
- There is Hope: Treatment, Recovery & Prevention.
- Understanding the Opioid Crisis: What’s at the Heart of the Matter?
- HHS Live Stream — Recording of a live presentation on “Opioids: Recovery, Prevention & Hope, National Experts Equip Faith and Community Leaders”.