Sacred Wounds: A Path to Healing From Spiritual Trauma
Trauma Informed Congregations Community of Practice Meeting, April 24, 2018
We had a rich evening of learning from Teresa Mateus and from our small circle discussion leaders: Lara Asous, Rabbi Rob Jury, and Rev. Phyllis Pennese.
- Here’s a summary of what we talked about
- Click here to connect to photos on Facebook page for The Center for Faith and Community Health Transformation.
One thing that was clear from the conversation was that we had a lot of wisdom and passion in the room to get to work on the Now What. Some of the comments people shared from their discussion included:
- Let’s stop just talking about it and move to action
- Operate, work, move with Trauma Informed lens
- Recognizing our own trauma is central to our work
- ORGANIZE – around systems that depersonalize
- BEAR WITNESS AS YOU CAN!
- Empower the congregation
- Ask for feedback
If there is a discussion that you would like to lead, if there is expertise that you have that you’d like to share, let us know and we’ll help set up a Community of Practice gathering.